(Third Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Sunday, January 27, 2019
What can you do with your life? You can bring light to those who live in darkness, you can proclaim liberty to captives , you can let the oppressed find freedom, you can lead people to end the circle of poverty.
The following are the challenges:
– The more inequality the world creates, the greater is the need for us to restore equality.
– The more injustice is inflicted upon mankind, the greater is the need for us to restore justice.
– The more oppression is forced upon us, the more we need to bring about liberation.
– The more the world resorts to wars and destruction, the more we struggle for peace and mutual respect.
– The more the world offends human dignity, the more we struggle to restore the dignity of every person.
– The more the world tries to keep us in the darkness of ignorance, submission, indifference, complaisance, and egotism, the more we look for the light that leads to fullness of life.
(By Jesús A. Diez Canseco)