(Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Sunday, July 29, 2018
You will reach the highest quality of life when you “live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:1-4).
Here is how you live a life of the highest quality:
– A life of humility, that is, a life whereby you treat everybody as equal to you. True humility is the recognition of our equality, in that we all share the same human nature.
– A life of gentleness, that is, a life whereby you respect everybody. Gentleness is the courage to respect one another.
– A life of patience, that is, a life whereby you never give up, even though your efforts to bring about equality may not be immediately fruitful.
– A life whereby you support everybody, accept others in your efforts to strengthen the unity among us. That is true love.
– A life of peace whereby you do not cause any harm to anyone, whereby everything is done in the best interest of one another.
(By Jesús A. Diez Canseco)